Saturday, October 4, 2008

discharge - grave new world


i think this album is to discharge what cause for alarm is to agnostic front: an embarrassing foray into the scintillating excesses of metal. well, screw that, pal. i say this is the best thing discharge ever did. okay... so maybe the singer's pre-axl rose-ish screeching vocal delivery may ride the nerves of some, but to me he has the voice of an angel. this record also scores high on my nostalgia meter as it was the album discharge was touring in support of when i saw them at my first punk show ever. that's right! my daddy packed me and my baby brother into his '78 olds with care and drove us all the way to cleveland, oh to witness this melee! during discharge's set a miffed punk rocker heaved a full trash can onto the stage in protest of the band's newly found glam metal leanings! the mighty die kreuzen also played on this glorious eve.

http://www.mediafire.com/?njodjtg3ytz

No comments: